Sunday, July 6, 2014

The 4th of July


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!  This year was very different than what the fourth usually is like for me.  To be honest I was feeling quite homesick wanting to be with my family and celebrating all day in Seward.  But ya know things are just a lot more difficult with a 3 month old.  I'm not complaining at all, just stating the fact that we had to come up with a different type of celebration. We ended up having a wonderful breakfast of sausage eggs and whole wheat fat free pancakes, and then spending a lot of the day shopping at the mall! there were a lot of really great sales!  I also spent several hours writing a term paper (i know i know... lame).  After all that we picked up some aerial fireworks to shoot off!  Matt hadn't ever shot them before and we thought that would be fun.  We ordered Pizza Hut and watched Captain America!  Once it got dark enough we went outside and faced the mosquitoes and shot those fireworks off!  It was so Americana with all the neighbors shooting off their fireworks!  Honestly anyone could have mistaken it for a war zone there were so many booms and flashes of light coming from every direction and at nearly every second of the evening!  

After all was said and done (and we had large banana splits) i was glad that we stayed home for the holiday and didn't go to Seward.  It was better for Adelaide, plus we got to experience a different kind of 4th of July which i haven't ever experienced and it was so worth it!  Addie got to wear a cute little outfit that i bought for her to wear on the 4th!! 



Also, last weekend my cousins Stephanie and Stewart were in town and they stopped by for a visit!  This was the first time that I had met their little 5 month old, Braxton.  i guess i shouldn't use the term little... he is quite the chunky baby, and what a charmer!  Here are some pics of the fun event!



It was such fun having them here for a little while.  It made utah feel just a little closer.  Well, the summer semester is nearing an end.  I have just this next week and then i will be finished (except for practicum on Mondays) for the summer till the fall semester starts in August.  I must say that i am so excited to be done with the busy month of June.  Its also crazy to think that i will be seeing clients soon!  I actually met one of the already.  

I got my practicum site as well! I will be going to a small town just north west of lincoln 2 hours. The requirement is that i go once a month in person and the rest of the time i am able to see them through a special Skype program. The shopping we did on the 4th of July was to get me some clothing that would work for my seeing clients.  All of the clothes i have (that actually fit) aren't professional enough for seeing clients, so it was a good thing there were so many good deals going on!  

Well, that is all for this week.  I will post more as things slow down for this month.  I want to post some pictures of Adelaide's nursery when i get it done as well! Just stay tuned! it'll be sooner than later!

Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment