Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Catch Up Time


March 21, 2014

Well goodness... it has clearly been too long since I last posted. A lot has happened since January 30th and i better get you the updates! First off, like i said in my last post, this semester is flying by so fast! i honestly cannot believe it is already spring break! I have been so busy with school work, and baby planning that its almost surreal to think about the fact that the baby's due date is next week! 

Speaking of Baby Clegg... our last couple of appointments haven't told us much other than the fact that she is going to be a BIG baby and that i have been sitting at 1 cm dilated for over 3 weeks... Because of this, Terra (my doctor) said she would induce me this up coming Tuesday evening March 25th! That means Baby Clegg should be here on Wednesday next week! I can't believe i am on my last few days before earning the title of Mom... i will celebrate my first official Mother's Day this May! CRAZY! I feel like i have waited so long to be able to have my own kids and now that i am here its just unbelievable. Matt has been so supportive this whole pregnancy and he tells me he is just so excited about having a baby girl that he can't stand it! We have all the necessities figured out and when we move next month (discussed in detail later) we will then have a room for her and can finish up with all the other furniture as she grows out of her bassinet.

Ok, moving... well we have struggled with smoking neighbors since we first moved in to these apartments. We wouldn't mind so much except for the fact that we were promised to not have to deal with smokers here because of the smoke free environment. We have called and reported several times and still nothing changes and our neighbors have still not been evicted. So we have been looking for a place for over a month and finally found a duplex in Arnold Heights that is affordable and big enough for out little family! It is a bit of a drive out of town, but the rent is cheap and the space is great so we are willing to sacrifice a bit of driving time and what not. We move on April 19th. We feel super blessed that this place opened up to us so quickly too, now we have a nice place where we can live out the rest of our time here in Lincoln, or at least the rest of Matt's schooling here. 

Speaking of Matt's schooling... he auditioned for the D.M.A. in Vocal Performance program last month and felt he did a wonderful job, and of course he was right! He was not only accepted into the program, but was also awarded an Assistant-ship! This ensures our staying in Lincoln for his education and we will not need to go it to too much more debt because of the assistant-ship! I couldn't be more proud of my husband! He works so hard every day and sacrifices so much for our little family, and i just know he will continue to be blessed as well as being a blessing to me in my life and the life of our soon to be daughter. 

These last couple months have proven to be more of an endurance game with the pregnancy. I have been struggling with swollen feet and ankles since Christmas, and the weight gain has been ridiculous. Averaging 5 pounds a week… that is how much water I am retaining. I am banking on the fact that a large portion of this weight will come off quickly after the baby is born… I know that at least 8 or so pounds of the weight are actually baby Clegg, not to mention the placenta and all the other things that are inside to sustain her livability in there. The other difficult part has been carpel tunnel in both my hands… in fact right now as I am typing this post I have a tingling sensation in my left 3 fingers. Alas, Terra said there isn’t anything I can do except hang on till the baby gets here, the all the swelling and carpel tunnel and weight will start to go away and my body will adjust back to being normal. It just seems like such a long ways away for me. But I know I can and will do it because I am already motivated! I have started tracking my food intake (not limiting) that way I can be in the habit once I can start to limit my intake a bit more, and yes I have been slowing down on the high fat, high sugar foods as much as my cravings will allow.

Marriage and Family Therapy wise for me this semester has been going very well. I have been able to stay on top of things, have not missed any classes because of the pregnancy, and I also have several of my papers and assignments already accomplished! So even after the baby comes I won’t have much more to do except attend class and write a couple more papers. The only other thing to be sure I do is finish the women’s parenting group that I am co-facilitating with 2 of my cohort members! Yup I officially have therapy hours of me being the therapist! The parenting group acts more psycho-educational, but it counts as hours none the less! I have only 3 more 2 hour sessions though to complete it, and that won’t take too much time to plan. 

A couple other fun things that have happened include Valentines Day! we went to the annual Lincoln Stake Dance and had a blast shaking our booties to the beats! Matt also treated me to a wonderful dinner at Lazlo's and the most beautiful red roses! Matt of course got his bacon roses again too! The other fun thing was the Opera Cendrillon. Matt played the role of Prince Charming and he did a wonderful job! It was really nice to have his family come out to support as well.

Well, that is about all I have to discuss at the moment… I will most likely blog a bit more now that I don’t have school work due for a while… but I shouldn't make any promises… I can however promise that I will post about the birth! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment