Thursday, June 19, 2014

So Much to do and so Little Time


Lets just say that the title says it all... I can't believe it is already the middle of June of the year 2014.  Since
March 26th so much has happened and its all happened so fast!  Speaking of fast... Adelaide is growing!


We had a wonderful opportunity to have both my whole immediate family as well as Matt's out here for Adelaide's baby blessing.  Matt gave the blessing and it was beautiful.  A fun fact is that Adelaide wore the same blessing dress that I wore when I was blessed all those years ago, and to make it even more amazing, it was my deceased grandmother Karen Bolander Palmer that made the dress!  It was a special weekend also in the fact that it was Matt's birthday (April 26th) as well as the day of his Master Recital!  So many great and fun things, not to mention that we had moved to a new house a couple weeks prior, and by new i mean different.

We are living on the north west side of Lincoln in a little suburb called Arnold Heights.  We love it here!  we finally have a yard and a covered garage!  its 3 bedrooms and a duplex so only one little wall is shared with our neighbors who are great people!  A family of 3 boys!  The parents smoke, but it doesn't usually affect us at all.  We have lots of birds already and i have seen a couple humming birds even!  I keep changing the food so that more will come. I plan to plant some rose bushes as well as some other flowers in the yard to make it more beautiful, and i have already began working on curtains for all the windows. I despise vertical blinds and it seams that my lot in life is to always be dealing with them.  Once i get things the way i want i will have to post pictures of it.  I must say that my kitchen window is my favorite at the moment.

Well, school for me has been in session since the week after my taking the Clinical Qualifying Exam (CQE).  The CQE was an 8 hour test assessing my abilities as a clinician.  I did really well in all the sections except the ethics potion which i will be retaking on Friday next week.  My 8 week on line class only has 3 more weeks as well as my 5 week addictions class.  Both are keeping me super busy but i am loving the content  of both of them.  I have been going around doing field experiences.  For my online gerontology class i have to shadow 3 senior exercise classes, and my addictions class requires me to visit 3 different support groups for addicts.  It has been very eye opening to see how drugs and alcohol influence many more people than just the addict themselves.  Anyways i don't want to get carried away with the details of my school stuff. One last thing i must comment about though is the fact that in 3 weeks i will be doing my first therapy session with a couple that just started at the Family Resource Center (FRC).  I am starting to get very nervous, and i am either going to need to go shopping for some appropriate clothing or i am going to need to lose another 3 or 4 inches before i start.

This baby weight is a nightmare... i have lost a total of 58.2 pounds already though which i am very proud of!  I have another 21.8 to lose then i will be back at pre-pregnancy weight, and then my goal is to lose another 20 after that.  One goal at a time though!  to be honest i just want to be a size 10 and be physically fit and feel healthy.  Numbers on the scale are loosing their appeal to me as of late.


Another exciting thing that happened back in May was that Matt graduated from UNL with his Masters in Music!  I am so proud of him!  He has worked so hard and deserved the success he has coming to him!  He also was accepted into the PhD program here at UNL so it will be another 3 years in the Midwest for us, and i couldn't be happier about it!  I absolutely LOVE Lincoln!

Great Grandpa Delbert Palmer with Adelaide
Great Grandma and Grandpa Clegg and Grandpa Clegg with Adelaide (4 generations) 
Great Grandma Alene Gibson Chamberlain with Adelaide
 4 generation picture on the Chamberlain side
4 generation picture on the Palmer side

At the end of May Matt, Adelaide, and i decided we better travel to Utah for a visit to meet great grandparents and other family members that hadn't met Adelaide yet.  It was a long trip with a baby, and of course we blew our transmission 45 minutes north of St. George in a small town called New Harmony.  Luckily we were able to figure things out and got a rental car so that we could still make it to a graduation in Midway and spend time with Matt's family.  Then to make matters worse, on the way home our transmission over heated at the top of the Rocky Mountains. We ended up staying a few hours in Denver getting an oil change and having the guys check our fluids and everything to make sure it was alright.  We finally got home 4 hours later than we expected and gosh were we happy to be home!


Just this past weekend one of my converts from Minnesota went through the temple for the first time!  We traveled up there and stayed with Laura Dornbush and i got to support Jennifer Reek (in pink above) in this amazing event in her life!  I was so proud of her!

Well, i guess that is a pretty good idea of all that has been happening through the past few months.  I still intend to write the whole labor and delivery story and will do so when i get a little extra time.  Also, the original site where my blog was posted is retiring, this explains the copying and pasting of all my previous blog posts from myfamily.com to blogger.  I hope all my readers are doing well!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment