Monday, June 16, 2014

The Most Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day... Almost


October 9, 2013

Well, yesterday was pretty much one of the worst days ever in my life, yet there were aspects of it that were great. Isn’t it strange how that works out sometimes? So it began with getting a flat tire on the way to work for Kristi. I wasn’t late because I drove on the flat. (Never do that) I couldn’t get ahold of Matt or Summer so I was freaking out in front of Kristi’s house before I went in about this problem. Once my panic subsided and I began to think clearly I remembered that my State Farm Car Insurance has road side assistance coverage. Less than an hour later a guy came and put my spare on so that I could take the car to Wal-Mart to get it fixed, thank heavens I have road hazard warranty coverage on all my tires! So I load the boys up and take them to Wal-Mart to find out that it will be a 1.5 hour wait to get the tire fixed and my oil changed. Walking up and down the aisles of Wal-Mart with 2 boys under the age of 4 is exciting for only so long… the cutest thing that happened though happened towards the end of the wait and I was explaining what the guys were doing to my car. He then loudly stated, “We need to tell that naughty flat tire to go away!” So that is what he proceeded to do for the next 15 minutes till the car was ready for us to drive away. Well we had just enough time to eat lunch before I had to clean the house and prep it for someone to come view it. Kristi is selling her house. I didn’t have a key to the house so kept it unlocked in hopes that they would leave it that way. I took the boys with me to mail a few letters and birthday cards on the way home they were both asleep in the car, so I took this opportunity to get some ice cream for myself. I knew once we got back I would be able to put them in their beds and they would sleep for at least another hour or so which would give me time to do some studying and reading for class this week. However to my dismay, the whole house was locked up tight. I was locked out of the house with 2 sleeping boys in the car and all my books and things to study were in the house beyond my reach. For some reason this was all too much for me and I began to cry. I am sure everyone that drove by was weirded out by the view of me in tears eating some yummy ice cream which usually makes people feel better. After a phone call and a text to Kristi I found out that all her keys were in the house too… she didn’t even have a house key with her. Now I really was crying, but then I thought the people who view the house would have to have a key and sure enough they did and Kristi called them to come and open the house for me. The only down side is that I was locked out for over an hour with sleeping boys and needing to finish an 8 page paper and read 50 pages for class in 2 days. Once we finally got let in the house the boys went down for naps again but only slept for 30 more minutes, not enough time for me to do more than read a few pages in my book.

Kristi came home and needed me to stay a while longer to help her clean out her fridge and get things ready for her to leave to the farm (where they are moving to). I got a nice pay check and a fridge full of her left over food, and then began the long trek home which took 35 minutes because of traffic and stopping at the bank along the way. I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut and began to work on my paper. I got to bed around 10 pm but still had all that reading to do. Luckily Matt was kind enough to just be really supportive and listen to me vent about my day before we fell asleep. The last thing that tipped the ice burg was that I got another email about the Sunday school teaching schedule and realized that somehow I got switched to teach this Sunday instead of the original teaching schedule, so now I have another big project to work on by Sunday. So now for the good things that happened today! For the first time someone asked me how far along i was (which means i look pregnant now and not just fat), I felt the baby move for the second time! I spent less than 60 bucks and got an oil change and a new tire, I had pizza for dinner, finished my paper, went to bed on time, got a nice pay check, Matt did the dishes, and my back stopped hurting.

Although it was mostly a bad day yesterday there were a few good things that made it not so bad; especially the feeling the baby part! In fact today during my afternoon class I felt baby Clegg again! I can’t wait to find out the gender! Well I better get to my reading for class tomorrow and working on my lesson for Sunday School. 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment