Monday, June 16, 2014

The Whole Story


October 5, 2013

The end of July through the beginning of August Matt and I were in Utah visiting family. The whole time in the car driving out there i was so tired and uncomfortable and thought i was getting sick. Once we got to Midway to spend half the week with Matt's family i was still so tired all the time and didn't really have all that much of an appetite. At Cassie's wedding in the middle of that week i realized the dress i bought was a bit snug and my feet couldn't handle being in boots for even more than an hour... The next day when we drove in to St. George and i laid down on my family's couch for a minute i just looked at him and said i just feel weird... just so weird... i also told him that i was late starting my monthly cycle. So i suggested we get a pregnancy test on our way to a few other stores in town. When we got back i took the test and in less than 30 seconds the above reading is what i saw. POSITIVE!!!! I couldn't believe it! Matt and i were so excited! 

Back a few months before this all happened i had taken a pregnancy test the weekend of our first anniversary (June 9, 2012) and it was positive. We were so excited then and were just happy it was finally our turn! Well the following Tuesday i was losing a lot of blood and cramping more than i had ever experienced my whole life. Sure enough after a visit to the doctor we discovered i had miscarried our first attempt to being a family. We were so sad. We did our best to cope with the situation and move on and try again, but it was still difficult to be positive all the time. 

The doctor told me it would be normal for me to miss the next cycle so to not worry if i did, and sure enough i missed July, and it wasn't till later that we found out that the reason i missed it wasn't because of the miscarriage. Well, Matt and i had a lot going on through August and decided to wait till August 30th to go for our first official doctor appointment. 

So the morning of August 30th (a Friday) comes and we get to the doctors just in time. I weighed in and got my blood pressure checked, both perfect. Then when my cute petite doctor came in and did the vaginal ultrasound she was a bit shocked to realize that the baby was already 10 weeks along! Honestly Matt and i looked at each other in disbelief as well. (ops?) That puts us looking at a Spring Break Baby!!! Our little one is due March 27, 2014... the Thursday during UNL's Spring Break, and we couldn't be more happy and excited!!! I remember seeing little baby clegg on the screen for the first time and the second baby clegg moved tears began to flow. I was so over come with joy that i couldn't hold back the tears. Matt even shed a couple tears too. Baby clegg decided to put on a little dance show for us and did a little jig right there on the screen for us! it made us laugh and i had all sorts of butterflies going on inside me. Could there really be a little person inside of me? 

I mentioned below about my most current doctor visit which was last week (week 14) and everything looked wonderful! We saw little baby Clegg flexing and sucking and moving around like a crazy little thing! No tears came this time, it was more just excitement and awe at the fact that there is a little person inside of me! The doctor said all of its organs, and things that it needs to survive as a human are all intact and now the baby just needed to get stronger and grow bigger and then pop comes baby clegg in to the world!!! 

We have so much to look forward to in the next 6 months and so exited about it all! Keep following my blog to stay updated on the happenings.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment